We all want to be successful in our home based business, but often lack the commitment it takes to achieve financial success. The one thing I think most network companies are not focusing on is home meetings. I know some of you might be saying, “Home meetings? What’s that?”. Let me tell you that if you want to have an all around business, implementing home meetings in to your strategy will help you do just that. Now, I’m not saying you need to have one every day of the week; but maybe scheduling two to three home meetings a week would be fine. This could be the one thing you haven’t been doing that could take your business to whole new level. It is sometimes the little things we forget to do that keeps us from achieving financial freedom.
If you are not experienced with having home meetings, it’s very important you pay very close attention. In order to have a successful meeting at home, these are some of the things you should do:
- Make sure you arrive at least thirty minutes early. It will give you a chance to interact with guests before the presentation.
- As you interact with guests, don’t talk about the business opportunity. Take this time to get to know them better.
- Make seating very limited. You don’t want to put out twenty chairs and only three show up.
- If you would like to provide some type of snack or beverage, do so after the meeting is over. One of the big mistakes most people make is passing them out as the presentation is taking place.
- Do you have any pets? If so, please make sure you make the necessary arrangements so they don’t become a distraction during the presentation.
- At the end of the presentation, take the time to talk to your guests. Ask them what did they like most about the presentation. This is something most people fail to do and they miss out on great potential leaders.
Now, there are many other things we could add to this list; but I feel this is a good starting point for anyone looking to have a successful meeting at home. For the most part people might think this is an old school way of marketing, but I truly believe this is where you can build strong relationships with your guests and leaders. Home meetings is what has made companies like Avon and Mary Kay so successful. What I want you to understand is that you must have a balance between what you do already online and the work you do in your home town. I know of many success stories of leaders who never did any home meetings at all; but once they started doing them, their business took off to whole new level.
I know some of you might be saying, “But Joel, I have no idea how to get started. My sponsor doesn’t do any home meetings. I’ll just stick to finding people online.” At the end of the day, there has to be a balance. I think doing too much online is bad and not doing anything offline is bad as well. Try to find a medium where you can do a little bit of both. There are some people who don’t do anything online. For example, I have a great sponsor. He has been involved in the network marketing profession for more than five years and has been very successful. But, ninety-five percent of his success comes from doing home meetings. That goes to show you that you can have success by using old school marketing techniques. Whether you want to focus on building your business online or off, try to find a balance between the two so you don’t miss out on new prospects.
Facebook – facebook.com/joel.minguela
Twitter – @joelminguela
Skype – joel.minguela
Image – FreeDigitalPhotos.net